As a Sensitive Soul, do you find it difficult asking for help?
In my latest Facebook post, I spoke of recently moving house and recognising the following unhelpful belief systems that have been running the show, and causing me much STRESS!:
- "I don't need help. I can do it all my own!"
- "I'm a strong, independent woman who is self-reliant and self-sufficient and therefore, I don't need anything or anyone!"
Doing life this way has caused me nothing but stress, anxiety, burn-out and exhaustion! It has also come with feelings such as isolation, loneliness & depression.
And I'm completely done with it!
This time around, I promised myself that I would no longer go it alone. Rather than struggling, stressing and wearing myself down, I would ask for help.
And I certainly DID!
Wherever I knew that I'd get stressed, where I couldn't do it on my own, or that I'd lose money unnecessarily, I asked for help.
And GUESS WHAT?
The help CAME!
The RIGHT help came!
From the RIGHT people!
It was AMAZING!
And due to performing some actions that I outline below, the following occurred:
I am in AWE of all of the KINDNESS and GENEROSITY that came my way... And my FAITH in myself and HUMAN KINDNESS has been greatly restored! xx
It is common for Sensitive Souls to avoid asking for help as it may risk someone saying NO and therefore cause us to get HURT, and perhaps feel rejected, abandoned, unworthy or unloveable.
Taking all of this into consideration, I have come up with the following guidance to support Sensitive Souls to ASK FOR HELP:
1. We can keep in mind the fact that we can't control how another reacts and it's never about us anyways, as to how someone reacts. Therefore, we can free ourselves from any fear that may arise around the response from those we ask for help. It is their story (as to why they can, why they can't), not ours.
2. We can, as per last week's blog on decision-making, work with the Universe and ASK for it to provide the RIGHT people and the RIGHT support.
3. TRUST that the Universe will provide, and put in front of us, the RIGHT people at the RIGHT time. Having this faith, we are more likely to receive less 'NO's' because we have opened ourselves up to receiving the RIGHT people and the RIGHT help.
4. We can ask for support from groups of people who we are already connected to. By asking groups, we have a greater reach in a shorter amount of time. We also are more likely to get a YES, due to numbers, and to filter out those who are not prepared to help. And groups that we are connected to, may also consist of Sensitive Souls, who are inherently GIVING in nature :-)
5. KNOW that you are WORTHY & DESERVING of help! An affirmation I often use during such times is "I am Loved. I am Supported."
In summary, and IN TRUTH:
- We're not meant to go it alone! We're not meant to live this life alone. We're here to help one another. To naturally live in communities that support one-another.
- GIVING is a Universal Law. How good does it feel when you help someone out? Without having the need to get anything back! Unconditional giving! Good feelings occur when we align to Universal Law.
- The 'Universal Law of Giving' states that as we give to others, we build our 'Karmic Grace'. Alongside this, it is of high importance that we can RECEIVE what others want to give to us. If we push away acts of GIVING, we are blocking the flow of giving energy, and actually stops those that are giving to you, from earning their karmic grace.
- By RECEIVING, we are actually offering the giver a GIFT! As well as receiving a gift ourselves...
Clearly a WIN for all parties!
If you're on the path, and would like some deeper support in building your self-worth and esteem so that you are able to RECEIVE much more easily, you can work with me to achieve this! Click on the following link: 'Embrace your Sensitive Super-Powers' to learn more about this.
Writer. Empowerment Mentor. Spiritual Guide for Sensitive Souls.
As a Sensitive Soul, do you STUFF your emotions down?
Are you a natural INTROVERT?
As a Sensitive Soul, are you SLOW to get started each morning?
Why it's OK to FEEL DEEPLY as a Sensitive Soul.